Printer problems

CWR

Reaction score
I just installed SL and updated to 10.6.1. MY Samsung SCX-4521F will not print. I have updated the driver and reselected the printer. It will spool up and "print" a blank page. I disconnected the 4521 and plugged in my old Samsung ML 2010 and up graded that driver. The dialog box shows that the printer has printed but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
C

CWR

Reaction score
Follow up. I talked to Apple tech support today and they were unable to help me. They told me to call Samsung for help and they were also unable to help. I custom installed Rosetta a few minutes ago and that does not help. The 4521 spools up and then beeps and then prints a blank page. Any help would be appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If Samsung has not posted Snow Leopard drivers for your printers on their website, you can try this:

Completely remove the printer and software from Snow Leopard. Then try adding it back in using the drivers that worked from Leopard. This method has worked for some folks who are in the same predicament that you are.

Regards.

Reaction score
My upgrade to Snow Leopard went smoothly except for my laser Colour Printer a Canon LBP 5100. Canon still sell this printer in Australia yet when asked said drivers for Snow Leopard will not be available till mid November. Apart from a clean install of Leopard, is there any way around this difficulty?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just did a search on the Canon USA site for your printer and came up empty. The only thing I can suggest is as I stated in my other reply: Try removing the printer from Snow Leopard and add it back in using the drivers and software you used for Leopard. That method seems to work for some folks.
(No need to clean install Snow Leopard.)

Regards.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice chscag. Unfortunately it didn't work. My Canon LBP 5100 printer seems only to be sold in the Asia Pacific region. A search of the Canon Japanese site was also unsuccessful. The printer is sold for small office use so is mainly used by Windows machines. OSX 6.1 with additional printer drivers was no help.
Fortunately I still have a small Samsung laser printer and Samsung have updated their drivers so it works fine on Snow Leopard. I have hooked up the LBP 5100 to my Windows XP laptop so i can still use it for colour laser printing. I will just have to wait till mid November . So if anyone has a Canon LBP 5100 Don't upgrade to Snow Leopard till mid November!
Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.