Jerky and flaky mouse since Snow Leopard install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 17"
Since installing Snow Leopard my bluetooth Mighty Mouse has become jerky to the point of being unusable. It tracks slowly and inconsistently in all directions, leaps around the screen and is stuttery (is that even a word?).

Ive installed the 10.6.1 update, re-installed the bluetooth update, tried removing and re-adding the mouse all to no avail. The laser is clean and there is no gunk on the mouse base.

The mouse prefs seems fine.

Any ideas??

Cheers, Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4GHz - Snow Leopard
I have a similar Mighty Mouse problem - except mine, in Snow Leopard, has slowly defaulted to all functions bringing up the Dashboard. I too have deleted the bluetooth preferences file and reinstalled it as new bluetooth device. It does that, but still defaults to Dashboard. When I go to try to reset the mouse functions in 'System Preferences/Mouse set-up/Bluetooth' it won't recognise the mouse at all - even though its actually working (albeit weirdly) on screen at the time!

Anyone got any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.