MacBook Pro Constantly Freezing

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Well, here is my situation. About a few months ago my computer was steadily starting to slow down and freeze everyone once in awhile, then it started to get worse and finally I couldn't even get past the blue loading screen during startup.

I figured this was due to some movies I downloaded and even though it is rare I may have got a virus. So I reformatted and lost all my data. The computer worked for a few months until this past week when I was in the hospital of all times to start acting up again. However, this time I barely had anything on it and it started to do the same thing again but much quicker though the process. Within two days I couldn't get past the blue loading screen.

I called apple, and they had me go through a bunch of restarts and all there trouble shooting processes. The computers hardware checked out perfect and we tried to delete some files to correct a software problem, but that didn't work either. So, his next option was to have me completely reformat once again to fix the problem. So, I reformatted once again, lost all my data once again and now it is doing it again the very next day.

The MacBook is less than a year old and I purchased AppleCare with it. However, I was wondering since they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it what are they going to do since they don't know what is wrong?

If they give me a refurbished one, that would most likely mean that Im getting an older one because I purchases this laptop in September last year right before the new models came out so this is one of the very last models that were shipped.

Do you think that they might give me a new model if I ask? I don't want to deal with a refurbished model when I spent this kind of money and on top of that bought AppleCare for another $350.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

-Matt

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.