Please Help Me Anyone!!

Reaction score
helo, sorry this is so long but please read it.

i have an ipod touch 1g 16gb. a while ago i accidently restored it with iphone firmware. it still worked though. after that by about a week i put it into recovery by holding down the home and plugging it in. at that time i was running itunes 8.2. when itunes opened up it said"itunes has found an iphone in recovery mode you must restore before it can be used". ye itunes was now recognising it as an iphone. i then went on and tried putting it in dfu. i had ziphone opened up and it told me that i had correctly put the iphone in recovery and that i needed to just restore with the firmware in itunes. now that i was in dfu i opened up itunes again. it said the same thing. "itunes has found an iphone in recovery mode you must restore before it can be used". so i clicked restore, then a pop up said that the software is not currently available make sure you have the latest version of itunes and try again. at that time i had the latest version of itunes. i then tried shift+restore and selected the 2.2.1 ipod 1g firmware. it then said the firmware file is not compatible. so i then downloaded 5 or six different firmwares and tried them all. the same thing happened, itunes said the firmware file is not compatible.

i then downgraded to itunes 7.8 i think it was. i plugged the ipod in and itunes opened up and said itunes has found an ipod in recovery you must restore it before it can be used. i was starting to get happy itunes now recognised it as an ipod. so i pushed restore but it gave me error 1619. i then tried the dfu mode and had ziphone open to make sure i got in correctly, itunes then opened up and said, itunes has found an ipod in recovery and to restore to use it. i then pushed restore and itunes popped up and said the ipod could not be restored unknown error occured error 2001. i was now really confused.

i then down graded to itunes 7.5. it also recognised my ipod as an ipod. it said itunes has discovered an ipod in recovery you must restore to use. i then tried the dfu procedure and the the pop up came again itunes as discovered an ipod in recovery you must restore to use. i then clicked restore and it said the software is not currently available make sure you have the latest version. i then clicked shift+restore and it now said the ipod could not be restored an unknown error occured error 1.

by this time itunes 9.0 was released. i upgraded to it, and it gave me the exact same messages as itune 8.2

so if anyone has any idea what i can do or any idea what the errors mean could you please help me i would appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Found THIS on wonder how to site, and its a how to tutorial on how to fix an ipod touch ZiPhone boot up error 1619
Hope it helps but personally i wouldnt have played with the itouch ... Like mine just the way it is ..

OP
P
Reaction score
Found THIS on wonder how to site, and its a how to tutorial on how to fix an ipod touch ZiPhone boot up error 1619
Hope it helps but personally i wouldnt have played with the itouch ... Like mine just the way it is ..

thanks for the help, ill check it out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.