Snow Leopard, Flash, Safari, New Account

Reaction score
Really need some help with this.

Did an archive and install of Leopard then installed Snow Leopard.

90% of Video sites would not work. Uninstalled and reinstalled Flash. Uninstalled ShockWave, tried to reinstall received message could not reinstall with 10.6.1.

Attempt to install adobe air, received this message: "couldn't write the application to hard drive - please verify and try again." performed verify disk, disk permissions, repair permissions all ok.

Attempted to install Air again, same message.

Tried to use Time Machine to open Safari from a week ago, received message: I did not have permission.

Using Macbook Pro, 2g memory, 80g hd, with 42g free.

Backed up on ext. HD,

Oh, one more, getting a lot of spinning wheels when using Safari that causes a lockup and hard re-start.

I have an expensive piece of software that uses adobe air and I create videos for my business and I'm not able to do so now.
Can anyone give me any ideas what I can do.

I just logged off of my admin account and logged on with a guest account. Video and flash seem to be working with the guess account. I didn't check adobe air or TM.

Would this suggest that I have a problem with my main account?

How can I create a new account and move the important apps, files, docs, ect. that I need from the main account to the new one. Al of my business is setup on the mail account, emails, downloads etc.

If someone could give me a detail way to move and get my emails I would appreciate it.

Thank you

PZ

OP
P
Reaction score
I figured out the problem, need your help with the solution. Thanks.

After a couple of days of problems with Snow Leopard and flash, safari etc... I figured out the problem is with my account.

I created a new admin account and everything seems to be working. Well almost.

a couple of things I've noticed are right clicking on dock icons does nothing, no option to quit or keep in dock.

Apple Techs', had me change my account months ago to fix a problem with safari crashing. It didn't really work and more problems resulted.

So now my big question is: How do I move need items over to the new account. I don't want to move everything over as I might bring what caused the problem in the first place.

What I need are several apps,(like ilife, iwork, firefox, devonthink, 1password etc.) downloads, desktop, docs, files, address book and book marks.

What is the best way for me to do this? Is there anything I need to do re: Snow Leopard on the new account?

I feel like I have a new and functioning Mac again just around the corner.

Looking for your help, thanks,

Z

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody
Hope this helps

Hi. I have had no end of problems, especially with Safari, since upgrading to Snow Leopard and now ALL MY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED by a simple boot into safe mode then reboot. Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but if you don’t know how to do it, reboot your mac and hold down the shift key until it shows the apple symbol in the middle and a grey or black progress bar starts then release. When it boots up you should notice it says safe mode, test, Safari mainly in my case, or what ever and if it all works just reboot without holding the shift key, Job sorted. What I’m told you are doing is re-writing all the permissions from scratch, mine is like it used to be, fantastic, and with Snow Leopard.
Hope this helps

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks DarrenK,

Tried the reboot, no luck. The only thing that seems to work is using the 2nd admin user account.

Thanks, I was holding out hope it would be something simple.

Z

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody
Sorry it didn't help ProfessorZ, it did solve all my problems though.
Good luck my friend

Reaction score
I am experiencing the cursed browser freeze, any account, seemingly related to flash. I uninstalled flash and installed latest version, no luck. I can go to sites, view videos, etc but then inexplicably browsers freeze, almost seems to depend upon how long machine is up? I rebooted into safe mode then ran some youtubes as admin, then rebooted. Crossing fingers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.