Macbook freezes when wireless activated (OS 10.5.8)

Reaction score
Here's a weird one for you all: Whenever I turn on the wireless networking on my unibody Macbook, the computer totally freezes. There is no response from either the mouse or the keyboard. I have to hold down the power button to shut down the computer and then restart.

I am the only user for this computer, so I decided to create a new account for this computer and then turn on wireless networking form within that new user account. The wireless function worked normally from that other account, so it's some sort of software issue.

I have OS 10.5.8 installed on my unibody Macbook. I have installed software to allow me to "tether" my Palm Treo to my Macbook so that I can use my Sprint account for occasional internet access. However, the only software that is installed to use that account are some phone modem driver scripts.

Anyone else have this problem with their Macbook? Any ideas on what might be causing this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any advice that you all might have. :)

TMann

Reaction score
Same problem

I've been having the same exact problem!! I broke down and reinstalled Mac OS X 10.5.6 and was able to get back onto the internet for 10 minutes and it froze up again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.