iWeb is acting weird.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently, I found out whenever I started iWeb, it is always acting "not responding" and it took very long time until it's ready to use. I did not have this problem before at all. The contain if the website is about 900 mb.

And when it's ready to use, I switch between some pages in the website, it is again not responding and keep spinning with beach ball. It is really annoy me coz it took so much my time to wait it loading.

I have no clue what is going on here and I would be appreciated if someone give me advices or suggestions to help me out this annoying problem. My MBP is running fine in all others apps. It's just iWeb acting weird.

My MBP is old generation, upgraded to Snow Leopard

2.4 ghz
4gb ram
500gb hdd

Thank you for reading my post.

SG

Reaction score
iWeb is acting weird for me 2!

hey stevegate,
I'm having same problem. All other apps working fine on my MBP
When i go to applications and open iweb, the iweb icon appears on dock but main screen or top menu bar does not come up. If u right click on the iweb icon dock it shows "application not responding" & "force quit"

Before it was working fine. Maybe i software updated my os x version. But even b4 updating the problem was there. It also goes slow but that could be because of internet speed - esp. uploading the sites

Maybe try restarting the mac & then open iweb

Hope some1 can rectify this problem asap!;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
You guys should try deleting the iWeb preference file, Library/Preferences/com.apple.iweb.plist. It will rebuild itself the next time you bring up iweb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.