restore original dock and icons

Reaction score
Hi
I installed a dock theme about a month ago, i cant remember what program i used or how i even did it. i searched all over my computer and found no program, well now i wanna go back to the original dock that came with the computer. i looked around at other forums and i did the [killall Dock] and erased com.apple.dock.plist or whatever, and that didnt help much because now my finder icon and trash icon is invisible on my dock. can someone help me fix those two icons, and restore to my original dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Did you back up the resources of your original Dock? If not you will need to get them from somewhere else. If you have your original install disk, you can use a program called Pacifist to open the packages on your install disk. You should be able to find Dock.app in there. Once you have it, use show package contents to open it, then copy the Resources folder to your Dock.app which is located in /System/Library/CoreServices.

OP
T
Reaction score
When i changed my dock before i thought i backed them up but i cant remember where thats if i did do it. and i dont have a installer disk

OP
T
Reaction score
i just got my icons back. i just cant find a website where i can download the original dock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
No, you need the discs. Without 'em yer screwed.

You don't download the OS or pieces of it. You only download updates to the OS. Like 10.5.7 or 10.5.8 or 10.6.1 ... but it's not the whole OS.

Now, there might be exceptions that I'm not aware of. Just hedging a little here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook. 2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. 5G 30GB iPod.
I did a search and found the original Dock.app for 10.5.2.

You might want to transfer the resources individually and not replace the entire app itself.

Be sure to always back up when theming and tinkering around with the UI.

I didn`t upload this myself, but I think it still works. http://www.myupload.dk/showfile/43089cbadf.zip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
That's not from Apple. I'd be cautious. Better to hear from someone who actually downloaded it and is using it with no problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.