Wireless Bridge and Access Points

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
Hi everyone,

I need some help with my wireless network. This is what I have setup so far:

Netgear Wireless ADSL router DG834Gv2 which is hardwired to a Netgear WG602v4 access point and the main PC with an ethernet cable.

This Netgear access point is connected to another access point wirelessly on the other side of the house and this access point is connected to a Mac (although it is connected to a PC for the time being while i set it up)

The Wireless ADSL router is WPA protected and is called WOODSIDE, the two access points are also WPA protected and both called HookedonHorses - both with the same password.

I can access all three wireless devices and access the internet with all of them.

The only problem is, I cannot get the internet to work on the PC/Mac on the other side of the house, which is hard wired to the 2nd wireless access point (however, if I connect wirelessly to the 2nd wireless access point I can)

The mac is a mac pro with no wireless - hence the need to hard wire to the access point.

Where have I gone wrong?

Many thanks,

Joe Morgan

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
NOTE - i have the 1st wireless bridge setup as a point-to-point bridging with the MAC address set as the 2nd device. On the 2nd device, I have done the same but input the MAC address of the ADSL router - as instructed by NETGEAR tech support. - i am not sure if this makes any difference

*EDIT* I now realise that the internet from the 2nd wireless bridge only works if the ethernet cable is plugged into the PC and I am logged into the router control panel. I have also tried using different mac addresses - i am very stuck

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
any help? Please

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.