What...the.....Heck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I don't know about the date and wallpaper change, but the dialog boxes have something to do with your Firewall preferences. Go to System Preferences>Security>Firewall. There you'll find options to either let all incoming network connections through, only selected ones, etc.

But first you should find out just what these applications are before letting them connect to your computer. I've never seen them before, so maybe someone else can help you figure them out.

It seems that "configd" has something to do with the Mac's Unix underpinnings. I found this link:

What is configd and why is it running on my Mac?

"configd 'Maintains dynamic configuration information about the computer and its environment (e.g. network).'"

MDNSResponder seems to be part of Bonjour and is also related to network connections, as explained here.

Bonjour - Frequently Asked Questions

"mDNSResponder is a Bonjour system service that implements Multicast DNS Service Discovery for discovery of services on the local network, and Unicast DNS Service Discovery for discovery of services anywhere in the world. mDNSResponder is built into Mac OS X and can be downloaded as part of Bonjour for Windows. Applications like iTunes, iPhoto, iChat and Safari use mDNSResponder to implement zero-configuration network music sharing, photo sharing, chatting and file sharing, and discovery of remote user interfaces for hardware devices like printers and web cameras."

It would seem to me that it's okay to allow these two processes, but you might want a second opinion on that.

OP
I
Reaction score
I don't know about the date and wallpaper change, but the dialog boxes have something to do with your Firewall preferences. Go to System Preferences>Security>Firewall. There you'll find options to either let all incoming network connections through, only selected ones, etc.

But first you should find out just what these applications are before letting them connect to your computer. I've never seen them before, so maybe someone else can help you figure them out.

It seems that "configd" has something to do with the Mac's Unix underpinnings. I found this link:

What is configd and why is it running on my Mac?

"configd 'Maintains dynamic configuration information about the computer and its environment (e.g. network).'"

MDNSResponder seems to be part of Bonjour and is also related to network connections, as explained here.

Bonjour - Frequently Asked Questions

"mDNSResponder is a Bonjour system service that implements Multicast DNS Service Discovery for discovery of services on the local network, and Unicast DNS Service Discovery for discovery of services anywhere in the world. mDNSResponder is built into Mac OS X and can be downloaded as part of Bonjour for Windows. Applications like iTunes, iPhoto, iChat and Safari use mDNSResponder to implement zero-configuration network music sharing, photo sharing, chatting and file sharing, and discovery of remote user interfaces for hardware devices like printers and web cameras."

It would seem to me that it's okay to allow these two processes, but you might want a second opinion on that.
Thanks but what about the wallpaper and date change lol.

And I have NEVER installed bonjour so why is it asking me for this...GRRR

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks but what about the wallpaper and date change lol.

What make & model is your Mac. If it's on the older side...3-5 years or older...the PRAM battery could be dead. The pram battery (among other things) maintains the correct date & time when the computer is shut off.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
You installed Bonjour when the OS was installed :p It's how Macs talk to each other over the network. As for the rest, make sure your sys prefs say to set date and time automatically, that fixes that, and change your desktop back. Maybe you deleted or moved the image you were using.

And as pigoo suggested.. pram battery.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Snow Leopard wouldn't run on a five year old Mac.

You're correct...thanks for mentioning that...I missed the detail about Snow Leopard! But SL will install on up to a 3.5 year-old computer.

Usually date & time issues are related to a dead PRAM battery.

Thanks again,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
ILMM, did you try resetting the desktop image and the date and time in system preferences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Lol my computer is one month old ;)...
haha i thought as much ...:p When i saw your memory usage in the task bar ..
A question ... how did u get that up there with your Mac temp .... Intrigued would like that at my disposal to look at ...

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.