Dreamweaver crashes on startup

Reaction score
Hey guys, so this issue has been going on for about two weeks now. I am trying to get Dreamweaver running on my computer to start my own site.

I went to adobe.com to try the Photoshop and Dreamweaver trial and installed it to my iMac (specs in sig). The photoshop trial works perfectly and have been using it for about two weeks now. However, every time I try to launch Dreamweaver it bounces in the dock, then the rectangular Dreamweaver Splash comes up, hangs then crashes. Normally the splash rectangle has like initializing... but nothing. Just the blank splash and a crash. I have reinstalled atleast 6 times in one day with no luck (Photoshop is still running great).

I've looked here for help so far:

- Adobe
- Adobe

Yesterday I got my new MacBook Pro (13" 2.26 - Fresh install of Snow Leopard). I redownloaded the trial from adobe and installed. Same crash.

This is the crash report (attached because there are too many characters.)

Any help would be seriously appreciate. This is driving me up the wall.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Adobe has got some work to do with DreamWeaver to make it compatible with Snow Leopard. You don't even have to go past the first line in the crash report to see what happened. "Kernel Protection Failure"

Give them a while to come out with a version for Snow Leopard and then some more time to provide a trial version.

You might want to email their support, but I'm sure they must be aware of the problem.

Regards.

OP
K
Reaction score
It's not just a snow leopard issue though because I've tried it atleast 6 times with the same error on Leopard (10.5.8) and kept getting crashes.

Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.