6GB iPod mini Battery life

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
I just got the 6GB iPod mini and I had a question about the battery life. Apple says that it should last 18 hours, is that 18 hours of just continuous play w/o fast forwarding or rewinding or is it 18 hours of normal. B/c I've found that it only holds about 8 hours or 9 hours of battery life over the course of 4 days under normal use(fast forwarding/rewinding, backlight on for 2 seconds, changing play lists). Anybody else have estimates?

B

Badger

Apple's estimates are based on continuous play w/o fastforward, rewind etc. Anything that uses power will reduce the playtime. With the older mini it's not unusual to see playtime of 5 to 6 hours (Apple claims 8) on a full charge when I use the controls a lot. I invested in a BTI external power pack.

I

iDVFH.

That's actually very good battery life. I find that if you don't have to charge your iPod (or anything for that matter) for 3 days or more it has a good battery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.