Router/Networking questions, totally lost!

Reaction score
Up until recently, I"ve always had a pc and it's always been connected via ethernet, DSL. Now, I have an iMac (got it last July) which is currently connected via ethernet. I recently purchased an HP Mini and I want to set up the iMac and the mini to work wirelessly. Im confused and need help as i have no idea how to do this.

1. Which is the best/easier wireless router brand to set up with both Mac and pc?
2. Should I initially set up the wireless router to the pc, and if I do, will the iMac automatically see the connection? Or do I set up the iMac with the wireless router initially and then sign into the wireless network via the HP mini?
3. Will I have to sign in to the wireless network each time I go on the iMac? Or is this taken care of if it is configured in initial set up (see #2)?
4. Is there anywhere online that can guide me step by step? I know by doing research, Linksys does not support Mac, but alot of people seem to be using it.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate any suggestions. I'm pretty computer savvy but this is something I have never attempted and it's my first Mac, so I'm a little nervous..my heart is beating rapidly just thinking of doing this! haha Thank you!

Kerry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.