need help desperatly!!!

Z

zipo

ok. this is the thing. i was trying to install one of the login window mods i got from resexcelence.com. first, i made a copy of the login wondow package. But part way through i decided that i would just leave it how it was so i replaced the one i was woking on with the copy i made. when i loged out it brought me to a black screen which stated the following.

Darwin/bsd (TOAST.local.)(console)

login:
* then i type my user name in* Password:
* then i type my password* Last Login Wed Sep 24 22:51:42 on console
Welcome to Darwin!

I have tryed restarting, zap pram, safe restart, option( to start up in os9.2)
and noe of these worked. help plz.

what do i do to get to my desk top so i can change back what i did?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I don't know what you've done.

Put the either software install/restore cds that came with your computer into your cd drive and hold c as the computer starts up. You can reinstall OSX from there should you wish, or try to undo what you did.

What utility did you use to install the window mod? If you did it manually, I suggest you download a gui-based interface tool such as Visage, which I use - it is good - I've had no problems at all.

OP
M

milos gazdic

Zipo,
have you managed to sort out the things? since the same thing happened to me just some time ago when I have installed the new OS X Update...
I am wondering what shall I do?!?!?!
Cheers
Misko

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Life is really simple... If your not sure of something, then read more into it before you mess around. Otherwise to resolve the problems, you might need to do a complete reinstall.

Normally if it's self installing, there will be a log file telling you what your system has installed and where. Found either in Root or

Users > username > Library > Logs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.