SnowLeopard and Iphone + wifi access points

Reaction score
-I posted this in switcher hang out i think that was the wrong place so here it is
Hey guys I bring my macbook with me to work and use it sometimes, my question is ever since I updated to Snow Leopard, its doing the same thing my iPhone does with our Access Points we have up around the building sometimes it allows me to get out on the internet and do updates and sometimes it does not, it seems very random. I know it happend to alot of ppl with the iPhone 3.0 update, and the 3.01 nor the 3.1 firmware update did not fix this problem either, but now my macbook too???? Is anyone else having problems with certain access points, I can connect just fine with any other machine that is here and uses the wifi (all XP machines).
The access points we have here are D-Link Model No: DWL-3200AP

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x Quad Core Xeon 3.0, 8 Gb RAM, 4TB Storage, 8800 GT
Did you upgrade to 10.6.1? Apparently it fixes a problem with wifi!

Reaction score
Do you get any messages?

Also when you review the Airport connections what does it bring up there....do you obtain an IP address from your DNS server or does the Airport give you the self assigned problem ?

Finally when it disconnects does it stay disconnected until you leave work or does it connect and then disconnect and then connect ?

Cheers

Simon

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
I did upgrade to the 10.6.1, as of right now I can remember if I tried it again at work I will try it. It gives me an IP address from the DHCP server. What is crazy is my iPhone does this to, it happend when I upgraded to 3.0 I was hoping that, 3.1 would fix it but :( I will check tomorrow at what all is going on, and report back some more info. Thanks guys

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
When I boot up my MB everything seems fine, but if I say movie around the building and switch to an access point (differnt names for areas) or if i turn off airport and turn it back on it drops, or like the power saving feature when my macbook kinda goes into sleep mode i guess (still a mac newb) it cuts it off, I have an IP address and all that jazzz still, even though I cant connect to anything (safari, update server, tweetdeck etc..). I connected into the main Access Point I use and Turned it from 11b/g mode to 11g mode and I also turned WMM off too, and restarted it via software, didnt change anything still doin the same thing. I am going to try to do a Hardreset on it by yanking out the Ethernet cord its a power over ethernet AP. I even called apple support and they think its something with the Access Points I just dont understand, I have alot of other users with iPhones that have the same problem here I am not sure about them at home, I know at home everything runs fine (MB and iPhone). So I am still really at a loss with this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.