access other computers external HD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac5, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz, 3 GB, and a similar Mac Mini, both on SL
I am wanting to access my other Mac's external HD wirelessly. I've recently setup two Macs with 10.6 and have currently one getting internet wirelessly using an older mushroom shaped Airport.

But is there a way to have the Mac that is wireless, to access an external HD of the other? I just want to have access to the pictures on the drive. Yes I could just hook the HD direct to the other but would like to have wireless access if possible.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sharing files via Airport?

As I mentioned before I'm seeking info on letting the wireless Mac access an external HD of the base station Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Just activate file sharing from the system preferences then navigate to the drive by clicking on the 'base station mac' in the Finder sidebar

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just activate file sharing from the system preferences then navigate to the drive by clicking on the 'base station mac' in the Finder sidebar

This is what I did this morning and it worked. I was able to access from both computers. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.