Question about adding RAM to my iBook

Reaction score
I just got a 12" ibook and i am wondering what type of ram and what the max amount of ram i can use. Its a 1.07 ghz white ibook. If somebody has a link to the ram i need or can tell me i would appreciate it. I am a noob to the ibooks so i dont know much. How easy is it to install the ram?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think the max ram on that ibook is 1.25 gb, its very easy to install, there are snaps that slide between escape button and f1 on the kb, and between f11 and f12, pull them towards you and lift the kb, remove the airport card and/or casing, there's the ram.
I'm not exactly sure which ram you need as I don't know what ibook you have exactly, but try macsales.com, crucial.com, or newegg.com, the first 2 have selectors that help you choose the right ram, and all 3 are very inexpensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
There must be a manual in PDF format in your iBook. Check on Main Help, click on About your computer and you will find a link to your user manual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
djlobes said:
I just got a 12" ibook and i am wondering what type of ram and what the max amount of ram i can use. Its a 1.07 ghz white ibook. If somebody has a link to the ram i need or can tell me i would appreciate it. I am a noob to the ibooks so i dont know much. How easy is it to install the ram?

Your iBook comes with 256MB installed on the board and will have only one free slot for RAM. You can put up to a 1GB stick in it. That would make the maximum RAM 1.25GB. And as was previously stated, you will need PC2100 DDR for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.