Problems with acoustic recording in Garage Band

Reaction score
I've been using Garage Band to record an acoustic piano (a real instrument!) through microphones via an Eridol FA-101 Audio Capture system. However, the playback quality is bad - there are brief dropouts and crackles, but the worst aspect is pitch wobble, the sort of effect you'd get if you were playing back a tape cassette that was slipping on the playback head. The problem is not with the audio capture system, as I get the same effects when I use the built-in microphone. Is there some critical setting that I've missed, or am I asking too much of the program (or the computer's processor)? Many thanks to anyone who can help with this.

OP
M
Reaction score
A quick update on the above problem - I tried importing the recorded track into iTunes to see if that playback quality was any better - with no luck; the sound was just as bad. However, I then tried burning the track onto an audio CD and played that in my (non-computer) CD player. The quality, while not perfect, was much better. I assume that the problem must be in the computer's playback system. In the end, what I want is a good quality export file, but it would be nice to be able to listen to the recording at final quality from the mac. Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.