Original iPhone - All apps crash after 3.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Hey everyone...

Well, I'm back from the dead.....again...

I have a problem. My dad just upgraded his original iphone to software 3.1 - now none of his (4) downloaded apps are working. They open then immediately close after a second or two.. I'm thinking he is going to have to do a restore, but before that, has anyone experienced this?

I still haven't upgraded because I am using the non-jailbreak tethering 'workaround' which 3.1 apparently breaks.... but if I remember correctly, that is not allowed to be discussed here ;)

Thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention that he also said that he has not been receiving his voicemails until around 6 hours after they are left...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1st gen here - My Kindle app seems to be changing pages a little slower than normal, but all the rest of mine are working - about 20 total - most graphic intensive is probably Crash Kart.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13.3 inch mid 09 4gb RAM 500GB HD, iPhone 8GB, 30GB ipod video, Airport Extreme
after 3.1 my 1st gen runs like crap, misses calls and texts,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2.66 core 2 duo & 4gigs ram, iPhone 3G S 16 gig, Dell Mini9 running OSX.5.7 1.6 atom
I had the same problem with a brand new 3gS (3 days after release). Nothing i did would fix it. The very last thing apple tech support had me do was delete and reinstall itunes and it worked ever since. My problem was the same as yours any downloaded app would open then crash back to the app pages within a second.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.