Sleep / Wake button Broken... 2nd gen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
I'm all fixed up now but wanted to share with you what went on..

Had this Touch for a while .. guess I use it too much, but for a while it was getting difficult to use the top button to put it to sleep and wake it up home button worked fine to wake it up ... but after a while the top button just stopped working all together.

Did not know if it was still under warranty or what they would tell me .. (was a gift)

Mac Genius .. exchanged it for me .. no questions asked.. Now that is service

I was prepared to crack it open my self if I had to to see if I could fix it but could not find any fixes out there on the web or here in the Forums.

Apple service is great .. (at least in this instance)

Heres a Link to the CE's Geekbook: A Look Back "I hate iTunes / iPod!" rest of the story if your intrested.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Wow, that is great service.

I did a hard reset on my 1st gen (same problem). I pressed the Home button for 10 secs and both buttons for 10 sec and it turned on again. Works perfectly now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.