G5 Freezing

L

l2edXlll

Freezing

My computer keeps freezing and its getting annoying does anyone know what i can do to stop this??? I have a power mac g5 :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
a little more information would be helpful.

when does it happen?
computer specs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
Put it next to the radiator and this should (hopefully) cure your problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
mod note:

Thread Moved.
Title Changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
edgefusion said:
Put it next to the radiator and this should (hopefully) cure your problem.
HAhahha... That was good.

Seriously though. What do you mean? Whats happening and what are you running?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like was said, we need more information. What Mac is it, what OS. What are you doing when it freezes? What programs are you running. Does it freeze the same place every time doing the same thing?

OP
L

l2edXlll

ok sometime i just be using computer like aim, safari, yahoo, and sometimes filling out things then it just start to freeze .... then i would just turn it off then turn it back on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
since you didnt seem to understand what we were specifically asking for...

what model G5? 1.6, 1.8, (2x1.8), (2x2.0) or (2x2.5)
what version of OS X are you running?
how much memory do you have?

this can all be found under Apple Menu >> About This Mac

OP
M

menace3054

error: replace user and press any key to continue. that might solve the problem

OP
L

l2edXlll

Mac OS X Version 10.3.8
Processor 1.6 GHz PowerPC G5
Memory 512 MB DDR SDRAM

and no its not that even if i were to delete everything off the computer and reinstall everything by this i mean start all over with just the programs that it comes in with...it will still frezze

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
Oh man this is not a computer guy! nevertheless ill try to help. HOw much? im Guessing ( i could be wrong) 50-60$. you need PC3200 DDR 400 ram.

If you know a computer smart friend, see if they can test the ram for you in a PC. They like to act REAL dumb with bad ram.

This involves taking the side panel off, and the ram is alittle stick held in by 2 clips.

But just for stupidity sake, see if this happens when you move it to a different outlet.....seriously, ive spent 3 weeks working on a server, replaced EVERYTHING including motherboard, turns out the outlet had a bad ground. ugh did that SUCK. the comp would just run sometimes for 3 minutes, other times an hour or 2.

Also, does the freezing happen more often the mroe you use it? Like will it work for 20minutes, then like 7 or 8, then like 3 or 4? COuld be a heat issue....not saying YOU did anything, but maybe a fan is weak or a heatsink is loose

OP
L

l2edXlll

MadSkillzMan said:
Oh man this is not a computer guy! nevertheless ill try to help. HOw much? im Guessing ( i could be wrong) 50-60$. you need PC3200 DDR 400 ram.

If you know a computer smart friend, see if they can test the ram for you in a PC. They like to act REAL dumb with bad ram.

This involves taking the side panel off, and the ram is alittle stick held in by 2 clips.

But just for stupidity sake, see if this happens when you move it to a different outlet.....seriously, ive spent 3 weeks working on a server, replaced EVERYTHING including motherboard, turns out the outlet had a bad ground. ugh did that SUCK. the comp would just run sometimes for 3 minutes, other times an hour or 2.

Also, does the freezing happen more often the mroe you use it? Like will it work for 20minutes, then like 7 or 8, then like 3 or 4? COuld be a heat issue....not saying YOU did anything, but maybe a fan is weak or a heatsink is loose

its not like that there are times when its alright it freezes every so often theres not really a pattern like know if i use netscape it doesnt freeze as much as often as i use safari but really who the **** can i find to help me with this if i cant fix it'll be hard to find someone that does and that i can trust.... :yinyang: :yinyang: :ninja:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 powermac
i would guess ram then, if you can trigger it with a differnet program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.