• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPod touch goes up to 64gb, ditches 16gb, "updates" 8gb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP: 500GB HD, 4GB RAM, 2.26GHz
iPod touch - Apple Store (U.S.)

32gb has taken over the 16gb's spot, and the 64gb has moved in as the largest, but why is the puny 8gb still available (as opposed to it being replaced by the 16gb) and what exactly does "updated" mean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
I believe the "updated" for the 8GB model refers to the operating system updates. Though the new models, 32 and 64 gig, have faster underpinnings such as the processor.

Apple has stated they're now full-out marketing the iPod touch as a gaming machine, so I think they're keeping the 8GB model around to say it has a low entry point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
ordered the 64gb the minute it was put up on the online store...should be getting it Monday....real excited....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
But I still wouldn't buy it. Why? Because there is still no camera. I wish Apple at least put the camera on the Apple iPod Touch, it made more sense to put it on the Apple iPod Touch than to put it on the Apple iPod Nano. But I read an article said there were delays on the ordering so they couldn't launch it. Maybe next year? Even so, I can't wait that long, I'll probably end up but an Apple iPhone 3GS.

Reaction score
Itouch as a gaming machine seems sort of ridiculous when compared to my PSP...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Itouch as a gaming machine seems sort of ridiculous when compared to my PSP...

Agreed. Why Apple doesn't make a slip on cradle that provides real controls I don't understand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I think because Apple are scared because of their last foray into the gaming market. Which did not bode too well for them. Adding push button controls or a stylus would put it in direct competition with the rivals from sony and the Big N.

Sure the ipod has a gazillion more games than the rivals, but I think the rivals games are on the whole of a much better quality. Sure apple like to talk about the massive numbers they pull down but this is one stat where quality beast quantity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.