PB purchase pending for Tiger

O

october

I've been planning for about two months now for a PB 15". I've been holding off for Tiger to be included. As anyone would understand I'm getting impatient and was wondering how long it would take for it to be included once it is released.. does anybody have any ideas of the time frame?

OP
Z

zakatov

As soon as Tiger is announced (should be next week*), all computers bought will be eligible for a free** Tiger upgrade, IIRC. So hold on a little more

*I'm just guesstimating, more accurate time frame is any time before NAB, mid-April.
**like 15$ SH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
I just got my Powerbook the first week in March. Do you think I'll be able to get a reduced price upgrade to Tiger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Big Mike said:
I just got my Powerbook the first week in March. Do you think I'll be able to get a reduced price upgrade to Tiger?

Highly doubtful

I am pretty sure it is within 28 days of the release (which hasn't even been announced)

OP
I

iDVFH.

I'm not really that enticed by Tiger yet..I still think there's gonna be a few bugs that are going to have to be found by mass use of the OS..until I'll keep Panther (maybe until Tiger gets it's first update)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
trpnmonkey41 said:
Highly doubtful

I am pretty sure it is within 28 days of the release (which hasn't even been announced)

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I didn't think so. I'll probably stick with Panther for a while, all though I don't want my brand new PB to be outdated so soon...
How much do you think the upgrade will cost? I'm thinking around $150.

OP
K

Kokopelli

No need to guess. It is available for preorder on Amazon already. Currently you can get it for $95 with discount. Normal price is $129.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.