Volume output crazy

Reaction score
I can't reproduce the exact sequence of events when this happens, because I think it changes but...when I plug my headphones in the volume automatically adjusts itself to maximum. But it doesn't always do it right away, just the first time I go to adjust the volume after I put the headphones in. Anyway, it's hurt my ears more than once. After the second time it happened, the first time I thought it was an anomaly, I took to turning the volume all the way down before I put the headphones in, then making sure I adjusted it before I would put the headphones in, but then if I insert a DVD it just turns itself to maximum anyway. Do you think this has something to do with that F3 key function? It's killing me. I hope this is clear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
I know with my black macbook the audio automatically lowers when I insert my headphones. It has a separate volume for with and without the headphone jack being used. It simply remembers the volume I lasted when used my heaphones. I'm assuming your using the macbook volume and not the separate volumes within itunes and dvd player.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.