IN DEEP DEEP POOP pleaseeee help!!

E

elly_lewis

Hey, please can anyone help me? My mac has been running really slow for ages. I downloaded an upgrade 10.3.8 off the apple site and tried to install it, however it said it failed to install and now my computer just will not start up! Ive tried repairing the disk in disk utility using the restore dvd, I've tried the hardware test, I've tried restoring the system from the disk, but it keeps saying failed. The problem is I havnet backed anything up yet, so Im scared to reinstall the system. Won't I lose everything?? I don't have another mac to transfer my files through firewire, think thats what its called! Can anyone help???

elly xxx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
just go ahead and re-install....

i believe you would want to "archive and install" when the option comes up...there are 3, one of them formats and installs...it is a pretty simple process and you shouldnt lose your stuff

your mac should hopefully be running faster once you do this

and make sure you backup at least weekly, somtimes daily if you are doing very important things

-chris

OP
E

elly_lewis

Thanks chris

I tried that and it said failed to install :S any other ideas??

yeh i def will be backing up everyday from now on!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Have you tried resetting the PRAM? If the disk won't boot, it may help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.