Power Mac G4 (PowerPC G4) & Adobe CS4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4
Does anyone know - from experience - whether or not Illustrator and Photoshop CS4 will run on a PowerPC G4? I've scoured other forums and have heard "Yes. No. Absolutely! and Absolutely not!" I have also heard all the stupid responses like "Geez, I just don't understand why anyone would want to run high-end programs on an outdated machine." MONEY.

I'm a student, and can get the full CS4 Suite for next to nothing, but that doesn't mean I have a few extra grand lying between my couch cushions to go out and buy a brand new top-of-the-line computer!

So...if anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated. If you aunt's neighbor's pool guy thought he read somewhere that it might run, in emulation mode, etc. please don't bother weighing in, there are tons of other answers like that out there cluttering up the interwebs.

Thanks!

Model Name: Power Mac G4
Model Identifier: PowerMac3,6
Processor Name: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
Processor Speed: 1.25 GHz
Number Of CPUs: 1
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 1.5 GB
Bus Speed: 167 MHz

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I think the main thing to find out is if CS4 will run on a Power PC CPU. That I am not sure. I am still back in the CS2 days here. If it will run on a PPC CPU, it might not be the fastest on a G4, but if it runs and you are not impatient then you could get by.

I will check around and see what I can find.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.