No sound on downloaded .VOB files

M

macforums

I downloaded some .VOB files, and while they look great, the sound is missing in VLC and other multimedia players. (QTPro sidesteps the issue; it doesn't support .VOBs.)

Does anyone know a way of rendering both image and sound on a .VOB multimedia file in Panther? Any good workarounds?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
.vob is a video only format and would have come with separate files that would be just audio, so if it didn't come with the audio file or folder also, you're stuck, but that's partly why I never download video, besides it being illegal. if the files are in a video_ts folder, the audio is most likely in there, are you gonna burn this? cause if you compress it, it'll separate into audio and video ts folders, the audio will be empty, cause the audio is kept in the same folder as the video for burning, but burning it is the only way you'll find out for sure if it has any audio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
lol...i like your username

anyhoo...go out and try to find the audio tracks...there is not much to do with out them...or you can just buy the movie

also. your computer isnt muted is it? you never know

OP
M

macforums

VOB story

coach_z said:
lol...i like your username

anyhoo...go out and try to find the audio tracks...there is not much to do with out them...

Thank you.

Actually, they're not movies, but pop song promotional videos. And yes, I do have the original songs. But how do I unite, as it were, the video with the audio streams? Is there are special procedure for this? How would you keep it all in synch?

And, even more to the point, why would Windows users be able to hear the audio and not me, a Macuser?

:headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
why do you think windows users can hear the audio? it wont be a synch to join, you'd have to use forty two dvd vx plus to convert the vob files into .avi, then use divx doctor 2 to convert the .avi into a .mov, then use quicktime pro to join them, or I think ffmpegx can do it, or final cut may be able to, and imovie, but for those you'd still have to make the .vob file into a .mov.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.