New iTunes 9. come and get it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, Macbook, Macbook Pro
go to itunes.com

What's New:

iTunes LP
The best thing to happen to fandom.
The visual experience of the record album returns with iTunes LP. Download select albums and experience a beautifully designed, interactive world right in your iTunes library on a Mac or PC — many are created by the artists. While you listen to your favorite songs, you can dive into animated lyrics and liner notes, watch performance videos, view artist and band photos, and enjoy other bonus materials. And become an even bigger fan.

Home Sharing
A better way to share.
iTunes makes it easier to share music, movies, TV shows, and more. With Home Sharing, you can browse the iTunes libraries of up to five authorized computers in your house, import what you like, and automatically add new purchases made on any of the computers to your own library.

The Redesigned iTunes Store
Check out the new venue.
The world’s #1 music store is even better. With a beautiful redesign and refined navigation, the new iTunes Store makes it easy to explore songs, movies, TV shows, and more.

iTunes Extras
Now featuring: Special features.
When you buy select movies from the iTunes Store, you won’t get just a movie. You’ll get iTunes Extras — a world of special features you can experience right in your iTunes library. Watch interviews and trailers, view photos, and more on your Mac or PC.

Genius Mixes
Perfect mixes come automatically.
Meet Genius Mixes. This new feature searches your iTunes library, finds songs that go great together, and creates up to 12 mixes you’ll love. All automatically. These mixes are like channels programmed entirely with your music. You may discover songs you never knew you had — and rediscover forgotten favorites.

Improved Syncing

A simpler way to sync.
iTunes brings new, more flexible ways to sync your media from your computer to your iPhone or iPod. And it’s easier to organize all the apps on your iPhone or iPod touch, because now you can do it right in iTunes, right from your computer. Shop the App Store on your computer, iPhone, or iPod touch. Then go to your iTunes library to arrange (and rearrange) your apps and add (or delete) Home screens. iTunes automatically syncs your new Home screens with your iPhone or iPod touch.

Many Other Improvements
Refinements that rock.
iTunes brings you even better ways to manage and share everything in your library. You can make your Smart Playlists even smarter. You can save iTunes Store items you want to purchase later in a new wish list. You can buy ringtones of your favorite songs directly from the iTunes Store on your iPhone and assign a specific song to a contact. And if you’re an avid social networker, it’s easy to tout your favorite music, movies, and TV shows on Facebook and Twitter right from the iTunes Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Thanks dude... this is sweet!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Am I an idiot? Ok - don't answer that. How is Genius Mixes different than Genius from the "old days" and how do you get to it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
Yes, Genius mixes hasn't showed up for me either. It says to click on Genius and enable it, but when i click on Genius i just get the regular old genius :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Yes, Genius mixes hasn't showed up for me either. It says to click on Genius and enable it, but when i click on Genius i just get the regular old genius :Confused:

OK. Cool it is not just me. Getting excited to see what they can offer for the football game this weekend!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
OK. Cool it is not just me. Getting excited to see what they can offer for the football game this weekend!

Nope ;P

Also maybe it's just here in the UK, but the iTunes store looks exactly the same to me except for the black bar across the top. No pop up windows for 'quick access' or anything here!

EDIT: iTunes store seems to have turned into to new version suddenly!

Reaction score

You need to click on Genius on the bottom right of your itunes page, not on the left.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You need to click on Genius on the bottom right of your itunes page, not on the left.

That just makes a genius playlist out of the song I have selected!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I seem to be getting quite a few errors and bugs in iTunes 9. It has crashed at least 3 times tonight, and has failed to sync my iTouch a few times as well. Updating genius prompts a Network error with the iTunes Store. Hope it smoothes itself out, I don't think iTunes 8 crashed on me once!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo Blackbook. 2GB Ram 80GB HD
Wow, there is no way to sort by Artist, Albums, or Composers from the music tab any more??? It automatically sorts by Genres... That sucks!

going back to 8...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Wow, there is no way to sort by Artist, Albums, or Composers from the music tab any more??? It automatically sorts by Genres... That sucks!

going back to 8...

lurk moar n00b

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Obviously in the List view you can, but not in Grid mode, which is what I always use...

go to view>Grid View>Show Header

T13rE.png

Note to self>Delete Chumbawumba.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo Blackbook. 2GB Ram 80GB HD
Lol, Ooooohhhhhhh, lol Noob I am!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nah. Don't sweat it. Hope you like the new iTunes. Play around with it a bit and just get it tweaked the way you like it.

I'm almost always in list view and I love having just the artist on the side because I never organize by genre and splitting the screen vertically on a wide stretched application didn't make sense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.