Ipod Touch 3rd Gen

Reaction score
So you pay £149 for 8gb £229 for 32gb £299 for 64gb.
And the 8gb nano cost £115 and has a video camera

Why doesnt the ipod touch have a camera im so annoyed im a great fan of the touch and i didnt even really want the camera but why does the nano get one and touch doesnt.

Discuss

-Joel

Reaction score
Everyone I've spoken to is JUST PLUM HORNSWAGGLED AND ROOTIN TOOTIN READY TO RAISE CAIN about it aswell. I don't want to downgrade to get a video camera. Perhaps they were too afraid the touch was just becoming the iPhone. But if everyone wants a touch with camera thats what we should get.

Reaction score
And all the people in the Devil's fiery pit want ice water... think they'll get it?
Just because people want something, doesn't mean they'll automatically get it.

What a ridiculous analogy. They're missing out on loads of money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What a ridiculous analogy. They're missing out on loads of money.

Not really.

I know a lot of people that really, really, really want to have a hoverboard like the one in Back To The Future III.
Has anyone made one yet?

I knew lots of people that wanted to see a Power Mac G5 with a 3Ghz processor... did Apple ever sell one?
Nope.

You don't always get what you want.
Plain and simple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
The quality of the analogy can be argued, but it was hilarious anyway! And I really loved the subsequent posting about the hoverboard! Coming right from night-shift and reading it, I must have looked like I had been smoking something illegal.

I think Apple makes money when the customers are only 95% satisfied with iPod touch, only 95% with the iPhone and only 95% with the iPod nano. Because then the he or she becomes more likely to buy more than one product. Nobody dares to admit they aren't 100% satisfied, as that will brand them as Apple-h8ers... or suXX0rz.

I love my iPod touch (even though it's a 1st gen only), but my next iPod will be a classic because of the clickwheel. I don't care if it comes with or without a camera, video-camera, projector or hologram-transmitter...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro Unibody 2.4GHZ, iPhone 16GB 3G
The new Touch was already announced or is this still speculation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
It's easy. Apple adds the camera to the nano now. And everyone buys that. And say in 6 months to a year time they add a camera to the touch and everyone goes and buys that. Then a lot of people will ask why all of a sudden do I own 2 different ipods both with a camera?

And I think that is apple's plan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
IMO basically if they put a camera in the touch, then it brings it into line precariously close to the iphone and they would start to loose iphone sale ...
Which im sure Apple doesnt want to happen. Im so happy the so called rumours for the camera in the touch didnt surface. Why play around with a good thing. If it aint broken, dont fix it. They do the itouch well .. Leave it as it is ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in- Macbook Pro Unibody, 2.53GHz, 4G DDR3, 250G HDD
I bought one of the new Touch's a couple days ago, the 32GB one, im quite fond of it, good replacement for my 1st gen nano, and 120GB Zune which hard drive died after less than 8 months.

OP
J
Reaction score
Just bought the 32gb touch today from hmv and if you pay an extra £10 you get a gear 4 street party 3 dock worth £40 which is worth paying even though i have already got a dock.
But i got back and im very annoyed the new ipod won't charge while plugged into my JBL On Time Ipod Dock which i paid £150 for its superb design great sound and a nice way to charge it. But the ipod is great and worth buying as an upgrade for the 1st gen but i dont believe its worth buying as an upgrade from 2nd gen.
-Joel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.