External Monitor

Reaction score
Hi All,

I switched all of 24hrs ago to my shiny new 17" mbp running snow leopard. I bought the optional dvi adapter so that i could rig up one of my sony monitors as an external display. I can't believe how easy and intuitive everything is on the mac.

Then installing everything i had bought, cs4, office 2008, and a few choice downloads, Firefox, skype, filezilla etc, now it's time for some work.

Then i noticed a very strange anomaly, which must be something i'm doing as a noob, but its driving me crazy.

I open up entourage on my mac screen, then open up firefox on my external monitor, Entourage then prompty minimizes?? I open up entourage and the Firefox minimizes, etc etc. It's driving me crazy, it's like i can only use one screen at a time??? What am i doing wrong??

Please help!

Rich

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi All,

I switched all of 24hrs ago to my shiny new 17" mbp running snow leopard. I bought the optional dvi adapter so that i could rig up one of my sony monitors as an external display. I can't believe how easy and intuitive everything is on the mac.

Then installing everything i had bought, cs4, office 2008, and a few choice downloads, Firefox, skype, filezilla etc, now it's time for some work.

Then i noticed a very strange anomaly, which must be something i'm doing as a noob, but its driving me crazy.

I open up entourage on my mac screen, then open up firefox on my external monitor, Entourage then prompty minimizes?? I open up entourage and the Firefox minimizes, etc etc. It's driving me crazy, it's like i can only use one screen at a time??? What am i doing wrong??

Please help!

Rich

Rich,

If I understand things correctly...try going to:

Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays

You may need to turn off display mirroring...if that doesn't fix things, try some of the other settings.

Like you said...doing things with a Mac is pretty easy...and usually is pretty easy to figure out.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.