Snow Leopard is giving me a serious problem.And "Mail" question

Reaction score
So first thing is first.WhenI go to expose using the four finger swipe this starts to happen and the only way I can stop it is if I go a different direction,It "jams"

YouTube - Screen Recording 1

Second-HOW DO I PERM DELETE an account from mail.I delete it but when I go on spotlight it STILL finds my emails.What is up with this.I want it gone! Mail app is horrible and want no trace of having used it.

Thanks alot
lovemyefinmac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
USERS > YOUR ACCOUNT > LIBRARY > MAIL and delete everything.

What's wrong with the Mail App?

OP
I
Reaction score
I hate the mail APP..It works horribly and the interface is annoying.But not matter what I do and delete accounts my computer STILL finds the emails.

This is going to be newb.But where do I even find user lol..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
From the Mail menu, go to Preferences => Accounts tab. All of the accounts should be listed in the left window pane. Click the minus sign to remove the selected account.

OP
I
Reaction score
You see,I DID that and my mac is still finding my emails when I go to finder..Not only that when I go to re-enter my gmail account it goes back to like it was before.It find my gmail,hotmail and all that crap.I want to get rid of it period!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Close down Mail completely by clicking the Mail menu and then Quit. Open up Finder (by clicking on your Macintosh HD icon) and browse to the Users folder. Then go into your account name (this is your home folder), then go into Library, then into Mail. Copy the files to a backup location if you don't already have backups of your system. Then purged the entire contents of this folder.

That will essentially reset Mail to absolute defaults.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Do you mean, if you launch Mail, it still shows all of your email? Or if you do a search in Finder it is finding your email?

Did you do what Baggs suggested? you didn't even respond if you had tried what he said to do and the results. Once you've removed all of the entries under that mail folder in Library (your personal library folder) and emptied the trash can, the mail is gone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.