Fresh install with a newly installed Nvidia GeForce 7600GS and have no display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro w/ Boot Camp (Win XP)
So as such I cannot install the OS because I cannot see anything. My old stock card, the 7300GT, stopped working with some ACPI errors so I had to take it out and got a hold of the one mentioned above and cannot see anything. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So as such I cannot install the OS because I cannot see anything. My old stock card, the 7300GT, stopped working with some ACPI errors so I had to take it out and got a hold of the one mentioned above and cannot see anything. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Are you sure this graphics card is compatible with a Mac Pro?...is this a "flashed" card?

- Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro w/ Boot Camp (Win XP)
I honestly don't know. It is an NVidia and not too much higher of a model than the original one that came with it. I don't know why it wouldn't work... I have had Mac for a long time but do not know much about hardware. Never had a problem until now... Where can I find a list of compatible cards...?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.