Difficulty updating to 3.0 from 2.2.1

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm trying to update my iPod touch to 3.0 (late, I know). Whenever I sync my iPod and click "Update" on the summary page, it tells me that a new software version is available and if I would like more information on it. I select "Learn More" and it takes me right back to the summary page. I tried doing it through apple.com but I get the same results. Nothing happens. I'm given nothing further than the "Learn More" option. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I tried resetting my iPod touch and then tried to update again but the same thing happened. Now that I know I am not the only one that is having this problem, maybe it is a temporary Apple issue?

Reaction score
Everyone in the world is getting the 3.1 update. I'm having the problem aswell. Give it a day.

Reaction score
It worked today! And now it is $4.95? I thought it was $9.95 before? The benefits of waiting...

Reaction score
Never mind, spoke to soon - I am getting an error 1004 and cannot update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.