View only streaming movie area?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have an iMac intel dual processor desktop to a TV. Mini displayport from computer to VGA in back of TV, all that is good. (Adaptor necessary.)

I am watching a movie on Safari and would like to black out all but the streaming movie area. I know I can use Cmmd and "+" sign to make the movie area larger, but prefer not to, it becomes grainy.

Is there a program buyable, shareware, or something already in Leopard that can achieve this?

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Most of the browser based video players have full screen mode. Don`t you want to try that first?

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks NW,

I have and it works beautifully!

This is for the occasional site that does not have that feature.

:-(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No, there is no app that will selectively black out particular areas of a browser window. There are some sites which have built this function into their site - such as hulu.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you so much bobtomay !!!

I can end my search, which I thought was pretty thorough.
:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.