PowerMac G4 won't turn on

Reaction score
I have been having some problems with my PowerMac lately. It's a 933 Mhz, G4 PowerMac, Quicksilver edition. It had slowed to a crawl lately and I had recently run DiskWarrior on it and found several problems on my hard drives. I was in the process of backing it up but when I got back from vacation today it refused to start up. I push the power button and it glows, but when I let go, nothing happens, it just stays turned off. I unplugged it and replugged it. Nothing. I unplugged all my peripherals and tried again, nothing. Any advice?
Thanks

Reaction score
Disconnect the hard drive and start it up, if you get the flashing ?. The drive is crashed. There are L.E.Ds on the board that lite up to show power is on and ide controler is working. Hook it back up give the drive a thump and hope for a boot and time to get your stuff off.

OP
M
Reaction score
Do you mean disconnect the internal hard drive? How do I go about doing that? And if the internal drives are disconnected, wouldn't I automatically get a flashing "?"
Thanks

Reaction score
Yes we want it see if the hardware is OK. Just disconnect the ribbon from the drive. How many drives do have? A crashed slave drive could stop the system from booting. Then hook the drive back up and try to boot. Leave the side down and thump the drive. Look for the LED lites on the board to come on there green..... Hey...Were giving away the tricks that I charge for. Did you say Disk Warrior could not fix the drive in your first post. Sounds like its crashed. They can work on day and then not the next.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.