Internet Connection Acting Weird

Reaction score
Every time i open up my macbook to get on the internet it doesn't connect right away. Im using wireless and i have to always use diagnostics the problem and it always says my connection changes and then it connects all together. Its really strange. Does anyone know what im talking about or having the same problem? Everything is green except for Internet and Server when I start. Then I have to diagnose it several times before it starts to light everything green. This is just such a hassle because i have to sit there ten minutes before i can connect to the internet. It used to be just fine like i could open my computer and connect right away. can anyone help? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
Let me guess. You started to have this problem when you switched from leopard to snow leopard. If I am correct, then WE BOTH have had that problem. However, I got sick and tired of it because I too would open up my macbook and then it would scan for my network, then connect to it but then the wireless symbol would only be half lit. Then I would do diagnostic and then wait... wait... eventually I would reset my router, and it would be perfect again.

But resetting the router is just a band-aid and doesn't resolve the problem and eventually you would just have to keep resetting the router and it would get annoying. So this is what I had to do.

I had to manually put in the SSID and then put in the WEP password. Then it would connect with no problems. And then I could shut my mac and open it with no problems. Hopefully you can figure this out. If not lemme know and I can break it down more for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
as someone else mentioned, try updating your firmware to your router. that will probably be the answer...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.