Perl script error

Reaction score
Hi, if this is not the right place to post this question can someone suggest another forum or perhaps provide an answer.

I am trying to run a perl script get_iplayer.pl but I get the following error:

Can't locate HTTP/Cookies.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.6 /Network/Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.6 /Library/Perl/5.8.1 .) at ./get_iplayer line 57.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./get_iplayer line 57.

I assume that I may not have a full install of Perl, but I don't know how to solve this. All suggestions welcome as I have been trying solve this for a few days now.

Thanks,
Terrence

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Go into Terminal and type the following

find /System/Library/Perl -name "Cookies.pm" -print

If you don't get a line with that file in it, then it isn't installed.

That looks to be a library that is including on my OS X 10.5.6 system which contains Perl 5.8.8. Perhaps this is a late Apple addition that you have to track down and install your self. Perhaps I installed it in the distant path and forgot. I don't think so though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.