Biggest WTG?? in OSX

Reaction score
hello all. after a normal Windows 7 install.. i was playing some games and went back to OSX.. first problem: no internet and long boot
second after some reboots: stuck at boot.

so i am reinstalling OSX :)

holding 'c' key

selecting Harddisk?? only my windows partition shows up!

ok, i'll delete the other:)

after install.. 45mins.. i go to bootcamp and it says that the drive is already partitionted and you cant delete a OS form the partitioned drive.?? okay??? i can't reinstall OSX on my Macintosh HD cuz it doesn't show up at reinstall? i can't boot in it?? i'm now on OSX but the partitioned... i have a 1TB harddrive and 900GB i cant use and 100GB i use on this partitioned.. how am i going to fix this on an imac early 2009 3,06Ghz 1TB HDD and 4Gigs RAM? i can't figure out anything??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your machine is as confused as your post appears, I can see why you're having difficulty. :)

Let's start from the beginning. It's obvious you're going to need to reinstall OS X. We'll worry about Windows 7 later since that's going to have to be reinstalled also.

Boot the machine with your Leopard or Snow Leopard DVD. Stop the installation by selecting Utilities, Disk Utilities from the top menu. Now select First Aid.

Make sure the hard drive has no partitions. Remove the Boot Camp partition by deleting it. The drive should be just one large partition. Now select HFS Journal as the format, and at the same time name the hard drive MacIntosh HD. Erase the hard drive.

When that finishes, proceed installing Leopard or Snow Leopard and all your applications. If you made a previous Time Machine backup you can use that to restore all your data and apps.

Now you should be back to square one and can start over with Boot Camp if you prefer. Since the final release of Win 7 is scheduled for next month you might want to wait for that to do the installation. If you pre-ordered it from NewEgg or MS, it was only $69. A bargain.

Any questions, post back.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
If your machine is as confused as your post appears, I can see why you're having difficulty. :)

Let's start from the beginning. It's obvious you're going to need to reinstall OS X. We'll worry about Windows 7 later since that's going to have to be reinstalled also.

Boot the machine with your Leopard or Snow Leopard DVD. Stop the installation by selecting Utilities, Disk Utilities from the top menu. Now select First Aid.

Make sure the hard drive has no partitions. Remove the Boot Camp partition by deleting it. The drive should be just one large partition. Now select HFS Journal as the format, and at the same time name the hard drive MacIntosh HD. Erase the hard drive.

When that finishes, proceed installing Leopard or Snow Leopard and all your applications. If you made a previous Time Machine backup you can use that to restore all your data and apps.

Now you should be back to square one and can start over with Boot Camp if you prefer. Since the final release of Win 7 is scheduled for next month you might want to wait for that to do the installation. If you pre-ordered it from NewEgg or MS, it was only $69. A bargain.

Any questions, post back.

Regards.

okay.. this is what i got:

i have no back-up :(
somehow i have 2 partitions... with both OSX on them.. problem solved except that.. how do i delete the 100GB partition? i followd your advice and this is a strange thing i got here..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.