CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (2.1)
Number Of CPUs: 2
CPU Speed: 867 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 1.5 GB
Bus Speed: 133 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.4.8f2

I would like to upgrade my mac so I can play games like Spore, Sims 3. I am new to apple and I would like som e advice on what to buy and do to make my mac a better computer.
Thanks, jack ;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would like to upgrade my mac so I can play games like Spore, Sims 3. I am new to apple and I would like som e advice on what to buy and do to make my mac a better computer.
Thanks, jack ;)
Two things you can do:

- upgrade the CPU with a processor upgrade
- upgrade your video card

Sometimes either or both of these options can be financially unsound...since the cost of the upgrades may exceed the value of the computer...unless you are really lucky get some cheap upgrades on e-Bay or Craig's List.

According to Mac2sell.net...your computer is worth in the neighborhood of $130 bucks.

So as you can see...it wouldn't take much to exceed the value of your Mac when considering upgrades.

By the way...you will never be able to run Spore or Sims 3 on your G4. Both games require a Macintosh with an Intel processor...and there are no Intel CPU upgrades for a G4.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.