iPhone Speaker does not work with apps, only with calls

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.5" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, GeForce 8600 GT, AirPort Extreme.
I'm Having a problem with my iPhone's speaker. the speaker works fine when someone calls me, but the problem is that there is no sound while I play some games, and trying to listen to music from the ipod. what is the problem? And no, the volume is to the max, and it is not set to mute.

BTW, I somehow cannot control the sound in the ipod, because it does not let me. I have had my iPhone 3G for more than a year, and i never had the problem. I already tried cleaning out the speaker, but it didn't work. Also, there is barely any sound coming out while using the voice recorder.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.5" 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, GeForce 8600 GT, AirPort Extreme.
alright, ill edit it. the speaker phone does not work for calls, and games...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Can you hear your phone ringing or does it only vibrate?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
l

it only rings when someone calls me, and when the alarm goes off, but for nothing else.

Reaction score
I had a problem that was close to like that too. I just restarted my iPhone 3GS and I never did have anymore trouble with it. Have you tried doing that?

If so, then I don't know. the problem wasn't EXACTLY like yours, but it was close. My speakers weren't playing while listening to music but they did work for everything else, including games and apps. It was just the iPod that didn't play it. After I restarted I haven't had a problem since. Might be a slight bug somewhere.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i tried everything, didnt work. unless restore but i dont wanna do that. thanks for the help at least !!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.