Problem with Adobe Flash and web-browser

Reaction score
I know this problem came up in the past when i was searching through the forum, but i haven't seen anyone complaining about it since snow leopard.
Prior to SL, safari and firefox worked fine with adobe flash.. however, after the upgrade, my web-browsers (firefox and safari) started crashing consistently.. i installed flashblocker on firefox and at least that's keeping me able to surf the web for now.. i tried uninstalling adobe flash (plug-ins included) and updating to the newest flash version, but still no dice..
it's only with SOME flash content - my youtube works fine as with some other flash objects, but LOT of the flash objects (like ESPN sports highlights) cause both my browsers to crash..

Anyone else having this problem? Very annoying i must say.. i'd hate to wipe the HD and start all over.. if someone can verify that starting from clean slate fixes this problem, i'd like to know..

Thank you.. mac-forum's the best for informations!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
For some reason, the version of Flash included with Snow Leopard is a downgrade from what's available on Adobe's website. To be fair, Adobe released the new version just a day or two before Snow Leopard went gold master. I would recommending uninstalling all adobe software (Flash, Air, Shockwave) and reinstalling the newest versions. It's possible that something is conflicting between the various Adobe packages.

OP
J
Reaction score
i found out about SL downgrading also.. that's why i updated the flash to the newest version.. that's when this started happening..
very frustrating.. i had to use the windows pc to access one of the website that was based on flash.. argh..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.