MIME type issues

Reaction score
Hi List
I have a series of webpages with embedded mp3 and video files. Video is QT format. They all work perfectly on any Mac using Safari, Explorer, Opera and Firefox. However, when tested on PC with QT on board, the video works fine but the mp3s wont load. I get the following mesage ..."Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed." I tried setting both QT and WMP as default mp3 players but still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

OP
E
Reaction score
Hi Cradom
Thanks for getting back. I thought all necessary codecs would be downloaded with the QT application - so that if the user downloaded QT all necessary codecs would be present. Also I don't understand why WM player doesn't play the MP3s

Reaction score
It's been my experience that windows is....strange. Maybe I'm missing something.
Don't know why they wont play in QT. However, even if they do, WM player doesn't know about the codecs in QT. So it needs it's own codecs.
I've had WM player not play .wmv files because of missing codecs.
As an example...I use Firefox. Have the Flash player and Shockwave installed.
Everything works just fine. Installed Safari. Safari says Flash is not installed? Huh?
If I could get sound working in Fedora I would ditch Windows (again).
Then again, I wouldn't be able to play all these games I just bought :).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.