Applescript newbie

Reaction score
I'm using AppleScript for the first time , to mark and manipulate images in a folder in Finder . I'm running two scripts from Spark using hotkeys . The first script to add label colour works fine , the second script to rotate the image only works when I run the script from the script edit window and choose the file from a drop down menu - when I click on the image icon and use the hotkey it simply de-highlights it. Thanks for any help on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
So the seconsd script also highlights/dehighlights? I'm a little unclear as to what exactly you are doing :D

Sounds like the script wouldn't rotate whatever you have selected, since even in script editor you still get a drop down

You can try exporting the script as an app, but I think you need to alter your script so that is uses the highligted object and not a new input

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry , highlight was confusing . I'm using one script to change the label on the image to red , or back to no colour , using a two-key combination. I open the folder of images , click on an image to select it , click shift-x and the label changes to red . When I run the Rotate script from the script editor in Spark , it asks me to choose my folder ,then image file ,from menus and then it rotates the image ,- but when I open the folder , click on an image to select , and use my hotkeys shift-A, it just de-selects the image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
still, looks like the script doesn't work with a currently selected item, so it wouldn't rotate whatever you select

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.