What kind of RAM is this?

Reaction score
I bought a new 2.4 alu macbook when they came out. It had 2g ram, hynex or something like that. I switched to 4 eventually. Now im trying to sell those 2 on ebay, but i dont know how to describe it. Is it DDR2, DDR3.. is it compatible with all macs?

Reaction score
Do you know the model number of your computer? If so, look up the specs and you should find out what the memory was.

Reaction score
you can check the specs of the memory (or any other specs) in
applemenu - about this mac - more info - then click memory. You can see there size and if it is DDR3.

I have a aluminum 2.4 GHz mac book and the ram is DDR3 Pc3-8500 1066 mhz.

AFAIK there is just one kind of DDR3 for laptops.

Encore

I bought a new 2.4 alu macbook when they came out. It had 2g ram, hynex or something like that. I switched to 4 eventually. Now im trying to sell those 2 on ebay, but i dont know how to describe it. Is it DDR2, DDR3.. is it compatible with all macs?

Reaction score
you can check the specs of the memory (or any other specs) in
applemenu - about this mac - more info - then click memory. You can see there size and if it is DDR3.

I have a aluminum 2.4 GHz mac book and the ram is DDR3 Pc3-8500 1066 mhz.

AFAIK there is just one kind of DDR3 for laptops.

Encore
That will give you the memory that is currently installed, not the memory that was removed due to an upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
That will give you the memory that is currently installed, not the memory that was removed due to an upgrade.

Yes, but other than the size (1GB/2GB etc), it should be exactly the same.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.