can't download anything

Reaction score
I'm running 10.6 and my MacBook will not download anything.
I try to download a torrent file and the torrent is no where to be found.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
The file should go to the downloads folder by default. You need a client, such as utorrent to open and download the .torrent file.

OP
J
Reaction score
I understand that, everything ran great and downloaded everything to my download folder, but ever since the "upgrade" to Snow Leopard, nothing downloads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Are you sure it's not just in a different folder?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you using a download manager by any chance? If not, check your browser preferences for a default download location. For Safari, check Safari > Preferences > General > "Save downloaded files to:". For Firefox, check Firefox > Preferences > Main > "Save files to". For Firefox, also make sure that there is a checkmark next to "Show the Downloads window when downloading a file" if you want the download window to open when you start a download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.