can snow leopard do this?

Reaction score
I switched to Mac from Vista with leopard. You know there is a feature in both OS which lets you select your own keyboard mapping if you don't like qwerty that comes default with for most computers.

Thing is in Vista knows which keyboard your account is right at the log in window or you can in fact select keyboard mapping right at the log in window. With leopard you are stuck with qwerty mapping when you enter your password. I was wondering snow leopard has fixed this problem?

Also with Vista/XP you can more than one user logged in with "switch user" feature. With leopard you need to log out in order to use a different account. Any "improvement" in that direction for snow leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I'm not really sure about the keyboard mapping, but you don't have to really log out in order to switch users. Just make sure that the user account icon is on the menu bar so that when you want to switch users, all you'd have to do is click on the icon. But remember though, when you want to shut down the computer, you'll have to log out the user who was initially logged on as well.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
You can select the user specific keyboard mapping in system preferences.
Go to System Preferences > International > Input Menu
Now you can select the mapping you wanted.

Here is the guide for user switch.

OP
M
Reaction score
I did not post that I don't know how to select keyboard mapping. The problem is that at the log in stage keyboard is default to hardward keyboard (normally qwerty) so I am forced to use for entering password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
In Snow Leopard the option to show the input menu in the menu bar remains so there doesn't seem to be any change there.
What has changed is the number of options and where you set the various keyboards up.
System Prefs > Language & Text > Input Sources.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.