Canon iSensys LBP3370 - not working with Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hi gang,

Looking for input or answers...

I just found out that my Snow Leopard update has caused my Canon iSensys LBP3370 (network interface) printer driver to disappear from my selectable 'printer' options. An attempt at reinstalling the driver has resulted in what appears to be a successful installation, but again, there's no specific driver, and the generic driver is selectable but then simply refuses to allow me to install an instance of the printer in the control panel. Even the NetSpot Device Installer application which worked prior to Snow Leopard has vanished and in attempting to reinstall it, the installer calls first for Rosetta, and then just crashes and quits.

I'm starting to get the message that the drivers are now fundamentally incompatible with my OSX operating system (Snow Leopard) - does anyone have a workaround or experience with this, any insider information from Canon, or am I just at Canon's mercy waiting for a driver to fix the problem?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You may be at the mercy of Canon - but first I'd install Rosetta - available from your SL disk under Optional Installs - also might want to try the Printers section in the same location.

Reaction score
workaround

Hi, I have a similar problem. After trying various things I have now added the printer using HP Jetdirect as the protocol and Generic PCL as the print driver.

I am not sure if that driver was always there or got added when I installed the canon print driver package from the Apple website

Hope this helps

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check the Canon website. They recently added a whole slew of new drivers and software for Snow Leopard compatibility. I was basically in the same predicament with my Canon PIXMA MP 620. New drivers and software for Snow Leopard got it working again. As a matter of fact, the new drivers and software are better than those supplied for Leopard.

Regards.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm really amazed at this turn of events related to print drivers with new driver releases by HP and Canon within a week of SL. Shows Apple had been working pretty closely with the manufacturers on this.

OP
S
Reaction score
No updates on UK support site, and US/UK model numbers appear to be very different, so no direct exchange with a US driver set as far as I can tell... :-(

OP
S
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Still 1.80 version drivers on US Canon website too....

OP
S
Reaction score
Still no results...

I've installed the new Canon drivers from the Apple Website, and there is no driver for the network printer iSensys LBP3370.

Please... does anyone have any ideas. Canon won't even respond to my support request, and the package that Apple has farted out doesn't seem to have anything to do with my problem.

How can this be working perfectly in Leopard and then totally falls off the page with an upgrade to Snow Leopard?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.