Tints under 12% don’t show up, using Imac Screen.

Reaction score
Issue: When using any tint of any colour under 12% in QuarkXPress, Photoshop the Imac screen does not show this. It shows it as plain white.
Im a Graphic Designer and this is a very important issue, many tints I use are 7% these come up very dark when printed by Commercial Digital Printers. There is no problem with my ProNitron 21/650 Screen.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Which iMac is this and is it a 20" or a 24"? White or Aluminum?

OP
G
Reaction score
Imac Details...

Imac Details... 24" Aluminum

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you can try experimenting with color profiles ... system preferences/displays and the color tab ( i think :D )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, White, 1.8GHz Power PC
I work in tech support for a publisher and one of our designers has a very similar problem on a 24in Aluminium iMac, iMac 7.1. In InDesign he cannot see any tint below 20%, they just look white.

We've tried everything, checked the colour profiles, reinstalled the software, run diagnostics, checked all the firmware and graphics card are up to date. No joy. If anyone has had this problem and has a solution we'd also be very grateful to hear from you.

GeoffStrange can I ask you: Did this problem come on all of a sudden or has it always been an issue?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.