connecting mac to studio speakers/monitors

Reaction score
connecting macbook pro

hello all,

i am trying to connect my macbookpro to my sony display monitor with sound and for some reason everything is working, but the sound i went to the apple store today and one associate told me i need the stereo cable plugs and to connect one end to the headphone jack of my laptop and the other two ports (color coated red and white) to the back of the tv so i purchased it and everything else works excpet that, i am getting no sound...any suggestion on wats wrong? and what i could do to fix it?

OP
M
Reaction score
hello all im running logic on my macbook pro and i want to hear my work out of my adam 17 studio monitors what do i need in order to do that?

thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hello all,

i am trying to connect my macbookpro to my sony display monitor with sound and for some reason everything is working, but the sound i went to the apple store today and one associate told me i need the stereo cable plugs and to connect one end to the headphone jack of my laptop and the other two ports (color coated red and white) to the back of the tv so i purchased it and everything else works excpet that, i am getting no sound...any suggestion on wats wrong? and what i could do to fix it?
Have you tried "playing" around with the settings in the "sound" control panel?

Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sound

HTH,

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Are you using an HDMI into the TV? exactly how is the video connected?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2 x Quad Core Xeon 3.0, 8 Gb RAM, 4TB Storage, 8800 GT
A soundcard that supports the specific output. M-Audio has some great solutions and you wont have to break your credit card!

OP
M
Reaction score
yes im using the hdmi into the tv and yes ive played around with the settings discoverd that i dont want my tracks out of those speakers anyway so im fine now but thanks guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.