spilled liquid

Reaction score
idk if anyone has ever experinced this but i have the mac pro desktop and i just spilled some juice in my studio and it got all in my keyboard now the keyboard and mouse is acting up when i hit the "p" button its tupes opi or something of that combination instead of just the one letter "p"

any suggestions?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
idk if anyone has ever experinced this but i have the mac pro desktop and i just spilled some juice in my studio and it got all in my keyboard now the keyboard and mouse is acting up when i hit the "p" button its tupes opi or something of that combination instead of just the one letter "p"

any suggestions?

Give this a read:

Spilled Liquid

HTH,

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since the keyboard is a separate piece of equipment from the Mac Pro you should be able to clean it. Do a Google search for cleaning keyboards that have had liquid spilled into them.

A good friend of mine had that happen to him. What he did was take the keyboard apart and rinsed it completely with pure water (distilled) until all foreign liquid and stickiness was removed. He let it dry thoroughly for about a week, reassembled it, and it functioned normally. No sticky keys or other ill effects.

Like anything else, your mileage may vary. :)

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
hey pig003 the link you put sent me to another forum discussion about the samething which suggested ifixit.com i went there and i didnt find any information on taking apart a macpro keyboard any other suggestions?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hey pig003 the link you put sent me to another forum discussion about the samething which suggested ifixit.com i went there and i didnt find any information on taking apart a macpro keyboard any other suggestions?

Sorry...I probably got confused & thought that you were talking about a MacBook Pro vs. a Mac Pro.

This is probably the best solution if you can't get your keyboard to work properly:
7288379_lg.jpg

Apple Wired Keyboard with Numeric Keypad MB110LL/A

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.